Friday, 2024-03-29, 0:09 AM Welcome [FWOkf]Guest

Welcome Absolution WOKF & SRO

Main | Registration | Login | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: AdminChrom  
Forum » Suport » Technical Support » I am new, I cant updated after install (Guide)
I am new, I cant updated after install
AdminChromDate: Wednesday, 2011-02-16, 11:26 AM | Message # 1
Forbiden GOLD Member
Group: Administrators
If you are new comer to wokf and managed to get the game through wokf download site , then can’t get patch through patherkf.exe launcher , Please do the following things . (If you already downloaded any patch or manual patch from mirror site , please clear out the wokf folder and reinstall):

1. Disable your firewall and antivirus

Click on Start Menu => All Programs => Accessories => System Tools =>Windows Security Center=>Windows Firewall=>Disable Windows Firewall
( We suggest you add the patcherkf.exe and GongfuClient.exe to the firewall exception , we ll show you the way to add exception later .)

2. Restart patcherkf.exe and finish update .

Windows Firewall is a new feature of Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) that is turned on by default. It monitors and restricts the information that travels between your computer and a network such as the Internet

If the launcher still say : "cannot connect to server", that means you did not completely disable your antivirus , not all antivirus programs are designed to work compatible with operation system . So , your windows Security Center may always alert your computer is under risky of virus , but actually your antivirus is working without antivirus icon at the lower right corner of your computer screen . Hence you should find out the solution to disable your antivirus , we suggest you type “Disable antivirus name “ into the google search toolbar . i.e. If you are currently using or used to install McAfee , you should type “ disable McAfee “ , then dig ,dig ,dig .

The way to add program to firewall execeptions :

1.) Click on Start Menu => All Programs => Accessories => System Tools => Security Center. Or, if the Windows Security Center is running on your computer, there might be an icon that looks like a shield near the clock. Either option opens the same thing!

2.) When the center opens, near the bottom will be a heading that says "Manage Security settings for:", and click on Windows Firewall.

3.) When the window comes up, click on the tab called "Exceptions".

4.) You'll see some information there. Don't worry about it! At the bottom left, there is a button that says "Add Program". Click that and a new window will open.

5.) Look through the list. if "WoKF.exe" is not listed, under the listing is a "path" line and a browse button.

6.) Select browse, and use it to find the WoKF icon in the WOKF folder on your computer. MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE "PatcherKf.exe"!and “GongfuClent.exe” Select them and now they should be in your list.

cool

Forum » Suport » Technical Support » I am new, I cant updated after install (Guide)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: